Finally a truly high quality ExpressLRS Transmitter Module is available for the FPV community. Featuring a full CNC aluminum case, quick release mechanism, storage box for spare receivers, and XT30 port for powering the module via external battery so you don’t kill your controllers batteries. If your someone that prefers not to use LUA scripts this module has a display making quick changes in the field a breeze. Capable of sustaining 1 watt output power with its’ controllable active cooling. AxisFlying Thor Micro RF TX module is based on the ExpressLRS project, an open-source RC link for RC applications. ExpressLRS aims to achieve the best possible link performance in both speeds, latency, and range. This makes ExpressLRS one of the fastest RC links available while still offering long-range performance.
MICRO TX MODULE SPECIFICATIONS
- Built in color display W/ motion detection and Joystick control
- Wi-Fi update capable
- Backpack Function
- automatic or active cooling
- Packet refresh rate: 50Hz/150Hz/250Hz/500Hz
- RF output power: 25mW/50mW/100mW/250mW/500mW/1000mW
- Frequency band: 2.4GHz ISM
- Input voltage: 5V~12V
- XT30 port: 7V~21V, DOES NOT support 6S or above battery voltage
- USB port: Type-C
- Dimensions: 87x55x15mm
- Storage Box Size: 29x29x15.5mm
- Weight (Including JR): ~105g
- Type: ISM
- MUC: ESP8285
- RF Module: SX1280IMLTRT
- Antenna Connector: IPEX
- Frequency Range: 2400 MHz to 2500 MHz
- Maximum Receive Refresh Rate: 500Hz
- Minimum Receiver Refresh Rate: 25Hz
- Reciever Protocol: CRSF
- Working Voltage: 5V
- Dimension: 18.2×11.75x3mm
- Weight: 0.8g(Reciever only), 2.4g (W/ Antenna)
RECEIVER WIRING PINOUT
- Receiver RX — FC UART_TX for Telemetry
- Receiver TX — FC UART_RX for Control
- Receiver 5V — FC 5V or 4v5
- Receiver G — FC GND
- Receiver protocol: Serial-based receiver – CRSF
AxisFlying Thor TX Pro Micro RF TX module is compatible with radio transmitter which has the micro module bay AKA JR module bay (e.g. Frsky Taranis X9D, TBS Mambo).
Note: Please assemble the antenna before power on. Otherwise, the PA chip in the Micro TX module will be damaged permanently.
Note: Please DO NOT use 6S or above battery to power up the TX module via XT30 port. Otherwise, the power supply chip in the TX module can be damaged permanently.
KNOW MORE ABOUT EXPRESSLRS
ExpressLRS is based on Semtech Lora SX127x or SX1280 hardware for RX and TX respectively. it aims to achieve the best possible link performance in both speeds, latency, and range. At 900 MHz a maximum of 200 Hz packet rate is supported. At 2.4 GHz a blistering 500Hz is currently supported with a custom OpenTX build. This makes ExpressLRS one of the fastest RC links available while still offering long-range performance.
More and more vendors start to support the ExpressLRS radio protocol in different parts, like radio transmitter with ELRS in stock, drone with built-in ELRS receiver, ELRS TX module for JR bay, or Nano bay.
BUTTON AND OLED
The ELRS TX module can be configured via the OpenTX LUA script. However, with the OLED and button you no longer need to use a LUA script to change your control link settings. The following no-OpenTX radio controllers work well with this TX module. Futaba T16IZ, T16SZ and T18SZ (with update to 3.9e), Wsky ET16, Radiolink AT9S Pro.
ExpressLRS uses the Crossfire serial protocol (AKA CRSF protocol) to communicate between the radio transmitter and the TX module. So make sure your radio transmitter supports the CRSF serial protocol. We use the radio transmitter with the OpenTX system to show how to set up the CRSF protocol and LUA script. To set this up, in the OpenTX system, enter into model settings, and on the “MODEL SETUP” tab, turn off the “Internal RF”. Next, enable “External RF” and select “CRSF” as the protocol.
ExpressLRS use the OpenTX LUA script to control the TX module, like bind or setup. With the LUA script, pilots can check, and set up some configurations of the Thor Pro RX TX module.
- Save the ELRS.lua script files onto the radio transmitter’s SD Card in the Scripts/Tools folder;
- Long press the “SYS” button (for RadioMaster T16 or similar radios) or the “Menu” button (for Frsky Taranis X9D or similar radios) to access the Tools Menu where you can find ELRS script ready to run with only one click;
- The below image show, the LUA script run successfully;
BIND & OUTPUT POWER
Micro RF TX module can enter binding mode via ELRS.lua script, as described in “LUA Script” paragraph above. Or by using the button and OLED, move to the BIND position and long press the button. Then the RF module will enter binding status.
Micro RF TX module can switch the output power via ELRS.lua script, as described in “LUA Script” paragraph above. Or by using the button and OLED, move to the Output position. Long press the button could switch the output power.
- 1 x AxisFlying ELRS 2.4G Thor TX Pro 10-1000mW Micro TX module
- 1 x AxisFlying 2.4G Antenna (for Transmitter)
- 1 x AxisFlying Micro JR Bay adapter
- 1 x Axisflying ELRS 2.4GHz Radio Receiver
- 1 x 2.4Ghz T-Antenna (For Reciever)
- 1 x Silicone Wiring
- 1 x Heat Shrink